Friday, July 29, 2011

:::Lactose Rendevous:::

Today we went to one of those self-service frozen yogurt places and saw a woman fill up a gallon-sized container with chocolate and vanilla yogurt. She sprinkled the top with candied nuts, then generously drizzled hot fudge over the whole thing.

She paid for her yogurt with a debit card, but recorded the purchase in her check register before walking away from the counter.

I like to imagine that she took her $15 extravagance home to share with a lover. Like she slipped out of bed and said, "One moment darling, I'll be right back with the frozen yogurt."

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I am having full-body laughing jiggles about this. So funny. I think the hot fudge does make a gallon of fro-yo into something very sensual.

Jill said...

You're funny. The words lactose and rendezvous almost seem like an oxymoron to me though because lactose conjures up senior citizens and hasty trips to the bathroom to me. I like your take on this much better.

So where are you these days? In California with the folks right? Document woman, document!

michelle said...

I do like your take on this! I don't know that I would have been as generous in my thoughts.