Monday, May 30, 2011

:::The Three-Day Weekend:::

Is there any happier time in the world than the Monday of a three-day weekend? Workers are rejoicing. You can feel it in the air.

  
I was slouching around in my pajamas this morning and feeling 'meh'. Then I decided to put on real clothes and arrange the cheveux. Zippitty doo da!


This morning I made my squash blossoms get busy. Too many male blossoms, too few bees, not enough of these ladies...



Actually, only two female blossoms, from four plants. Oh-zee well-zee...Seeds cost pennies, I can't be too upset.

The humidity is only at 54% but it feels sweltering! I think I'll stay inside.

Ciao!







5 comments:

scrambled brains said...

It's nice to see (part of) your face! Next post let's see those lovely dimples :).

P.S. Way to help your squash out. Your garden is amazing--I was telling Sean about all the hard work you put in just to make it happen; he was impressed!

annette said...

We always have way too may males on the zucchini. I never thought of the qtip!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, you're a fertility doctor for squash!

Rachel said...

I agree that the males do dominate in squashville. Why is that?

michelle said...

Goodness, when I grew squash (you know, before we got a dog), I never even paid attention to which type of blossoms I had! I guess we must have had plenty of bees...