Sunday, February 6, 2011

:::Used Books:::

On Saturday I went to the funniest little used bookstore near Eastern Market. Books were crammed everywhere, everywhere, even along the staircase, making for a tight walk up to the second floor.


Foreign language books were in the bathroom where opera was playing.


Books were stuffed into closets and around chairs. They really utilized every single space, and then some.


One of the shop owners is an endearing curmudgeon type. There are funny signs all over the store, such as a sign over a stack of books about George Washington that says, 'George Washington lies here.' Near the register there are some featured books set out with humorous tags.

These were my favorites --



I stayed for a while, but then gaggles and gaggles of GW students poureded in, so I made my exeunt. I'm sure I'll be back though.

7 comments:

Jill said...

This looks like a charming fire hazard!

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

LOVE those types of bookstores. I could spend hours. sigh.

Juli Schatz said...

Where's Eastern Market? I couldn't find any reference to city or state on your blog.

annette said...

I was thinking about being buried alive for a second, but got over it. And I am not sure I could make it up the stairs. I love it!

michelle said...

A delightful discovery! I love a good used book store, such a great way to get lost for awhile.

I had to giggle over Jill's comment - I too was wondering if this place was up to fire code!

scrambled brains said...

I covet your bookshop. Tempting, very tempting...

Jill said...

I love the new birthday banner! Happy Birthday, I hope it's a great one!