Can one of you geniuses explain iPods to me?
That wasn't a rhetorical question.
Yes, it's late September of the year 2010, and I'm thinking about getting an iPod. I don't really want to, and I still think they're stupid (on principle), but I need something to keep me entertained while I do my (hypothetical) fitness regime. Staring at myself in the mirror for 30 minutes ain't gonna cut it.
Let's just start with the basics...
My criteria --
1. I want one with those cool screens that you can move around with your finger. Zoom!
2. Storage wise, it has to have enough memory for 1 podcast and 2 songs.
My questions --
1. Do iPods have internet on them? Do I have to pay extra for it? (that'swhathesaid) Can I 'surf the web' on an iPod?
2.Do you get apps on iPods? Do you need the internet to use apps?
3. How do I get my 2 songs off the computer and onto my iPod?
4. Just to reassure me, I don't need a Mac for this, do I?
5. I saw that you can watch videos on some of these bad boys. How does that work? Can I watch videos off of Netflix? Can I only watch videos that I buy from iTunes? Are there any free videos anywhere that I can put on my iPod?
Once again, folks, these questions aren't rhetorical. I am truly am this ignorant, or this awesome, depending on how you look at it.