Wednesday, November 11, 2009

:::Fall Under the Wire, Part 2:::


The intention of my outing was to hit the Paper Source in Old Town Alexandria. This is such a picturesque part of town, and it's even more charming in fall with all the leaves turning and everyone bundled up in coats and scarves.


There are so many cute shops along King Street, like this antique store above, and this cute little shop called The Christmas Attic.


So many shops had decorated in some way for Halloween. I especially loved the spider webs wrapped around these wrought iron banisters.


When the Potomac is this gray and the skies are so bleary, it's hard to imagine that it will ever be hot and humid again.


There was a little park with benches set towards this view, and I'm determined to go back there at some point to sit and look out over the water.


My drive back up King Street took for-e-ver, but at least I had the opportunity to admire more fall foliage.

{Masonic Temple}

I actually pulled into a pretty tract of homes to take some more leaf photos.


Fall is not my favorite season, but I have to admit that turning leaves are a special treat.

4 comments:

Joie said...

I find it particularly quaint that, besides traffic, the streets seem devoid of life. I'm sure this is indicative of the weather. How appropriate that this change of season which gives mother nature a rest, also drives people inside and tries to give them the hint that it is time to slow down for a season.

michelle said...

I am loving these Fall photos!

No weather drives Parisians indoors...

Rebekah said...

It was still fairly early in the morning. I saw more and more people as time went by!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a good excursion.

I love to see pretty things.