Monday, February 8, 2010

:::Adventure Walk:::

I can't talk about snow anymore. I'm snowed out.

I went on a 4 hour adventure walk yesterday from my house all the way to the Lincoln Memorial and back. So much snow, so much blinding snow. I've been blinded! By the snow!

I fell a lot and got stuck a lot and wallowed around like a walrus a lot while trying to heave myself out of the snow. And then I tried to climb over snow piles a lot and got trapped up to my hips a lot and had to body surf over to the other side a lot. But the good news is that there are a lot of kind strangers who will offer their help when they see a defeated chubby girl lying on the side of the road in a snow drift.

Pictures, here are pictures...I have no more words.

































Ah, no more.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so impressed you went on a 4 hour adventure walk in such an insane amount of snow! I don't think I would have done such a thing, I'm just too prone to hibernating.

Your efforts were rewarded with such lovely pictures and such a gorgeous self-portrait! Your look beautiful all pink-cheeked and happy!

The thought of you stuck in a snow bank waiting for a stranger to help you is enough to send me into random fits of giggles throughout my day!

mom said...

Beautiful pictures. I didn't know which snowbank you body surfed but they all look huge.

mom

Unknown said...

i know the snow is too, too much, but from where i sit - It's Breathtaking!!

and, you are too cute for words :)

Sharla said...

Wow! Seriously, wow!

P.S. You are an adorable snowbunny.

michelle said...

Amazing photos!

I especially loved the pretty brick building swathed in sunlight and your adorable self-portrait.

Someday when the weather warms up and all the snow is gone you will look back on these photos and it will all have been worth it. Really.