Friday, February 5, 2010

:::Ice Is Also Great, and Would Suffice:::

Record-breaking...historic...severe...Snowmageddon...

One of the nice things about living in the nation's capital is that everyone else in the country pays attention to everything that goes on here.

You've heard of our impending snow storm, no doubt. Though I will be the first to laugh at my fellow Washingtonians who simper at the sight of even the slightest of flurries, I must admit that this one looks like it's going to be b-i-g. Virginia is in a state of emergency, markets literally have been picked clean, and we've all been told multiple times to stay inside, stay off the roads, and stay the heck inside. I love snow. I look into the heart of this storm and say, 'Do you worst!'

That reminds me that I never posted about Snowpocalypse 2009. Hmm, maybe another time, but for now I'll give you some teasers -- snow, Supreme Court, snow angel, Virginia, rapid accumulation, stranded, whiteout.

I hope we get 3 feet tonight. That would rock the block.

I'll keep you posted...

4 comments:

Jill said...

"Snowmageddon" that's hilarious!

I hope you can be safe and warm inside WITH power so you can continue to watch movies, blog, craft, read or whatever it is you do when you hibernate!!

Joie said...

The weather may be the only thing worth paying attention to over there.

joanna said...

they say it will be the biggest snow storm in modern history, whatever that means:-) Be careful over there!!

michelle said...

Hmmm, now I'm wondering if you are regretting wishing for 3 feet of snow...

Do you have to worry about food shortages?