Tuesday, June 1, 2010

:::Guernsey Literary and...(snore...)...What?!:::

I'm currently reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and I'm having the hardest time engaging with the plot and characters. In general, I'm...bored. Reading it feels like a chore.

But, I don't dare go against the New York Time Best Seller list, or the always prominent New Releases tables at Barnes and Noble from which most of us find our reading material (admit it). I will persist.

Boo.

Well, maybe I'll just take it back to the library and give it a go some other time when I'm more in the mood. It would be a shame to ruin a potentially positive reading experience.


Edit: Things just picked up. Good thing, I really want to like this book.

6 comments:

MBC said...

What?! I LOVE that book. I love it. I loved it so much that I went to Guernsey. Be nice to my book.

Jill said...

We read it for book club last year and I really liked it. I ended up listening to the audiobook later and liked it even more. Maybe you should listen to it instead.

Sheans said...

I loved it too, but it does take a while to get into it. Then, by the end, I really wanted to read it again because I had skimmed so much in the beginning. I hope you like it.

annette said...

I really liked it too, sorry. Try La's Orchestra Saves the World.

Sharla said...

I think it starts out that way for everyone-- keep reading! Unless you hate super-charming stuff. :)

michelle said...

I loved that book! Maybe it was just your state of mind. Or maybe, like Sharla said, you hate super-charming stuff?