Monday, June 7, 2010

:::Lunch at the W:::

On Friday, I went out to lunch with one of my coworkers, Fred, and our old coworker Lindsay. She was also my sister's roommate for years, and she recommended me for my job when I moved out here.

We went to POV at the W, which is in the old Hotel Washington building. The last time I was there it was still the Hotel Washington, I was 20 years old, living in Foggy Bottom, and interning on K Street. Man.



The decor was nothing less than you'd expect from the W...plus a little bit more.


The view is still one of the best in the city. You can see the White House, the Washington Monument, the Jefferson, the WWII, the Lincoln, and all of the Mall from one rooftop deck.


Lindsay.


Fred.

Yeah, you wish you were cool enough to rock a pair of spider cuff links. Only Fred could pull them off with such panache. This is a man who wears exquisite and colorful silk ties and custom made shirts every day, and is currently having a pair of eyeglasses hand crafted in Italy. Seriously, I wish I was that cool.

The lady was wearing a combination of Le Maison de Lane Bryant and Tar-jay, if you care to know.




Pistachio ice cream on top of a rhubarb cobbler. Two of my favorite flavors in one dessert.




I doubt I would ever decorate my house this way, but I still loved the fun decor. I'm pretty hip, though, so that doesn't surprise me.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Rebekah, I just adore you! This is the best sentence ever, "
The lady was wearing a combination of Le Maison de Lane Bryant and Tar-jay, if you care to know."

annette said...

Why isn't the lady posing on the couch?

michelle said...

How fun! I'm partial to the part about rocking the spider cuff links.

And I want that pistachio ice cream. Now.