Monday, July 27, 2009

:::Day 10 -- Etsy, Etsy:::

Vintage LEGO brick letter D A y9 1 Zero
{ The 'a' is from Ikea's reusable shopping bags! I don't think I've recognized any of the other letters before.}

Do you shop on Etsy? I do, and I love it.

Every payday I buy myself something on Etsy. I usually don't spend more than $10, and I always get something pretty and fun that never fails to make me giddy when it arrives.


I've had a thing for letterpress lately. I love running my fingers of the indentations that the press makes on the thick, cotton paper.


Last Friday, I spent more than my usual $10 and bought a few cards and this print from a letterpress shop in Heber, Ut.


One thing that I love about Etsy is the direct and personal relationship that you have with the sellers. I love buying handmade items, but I love it even more when I can buy directly from the seller and have a personal conversation with them about what I'm looking for.


Every Etsy order I've ever placed always comes with a personal note, almost always handwritten, thanking me for the order. Sometimes sellers even include little tokens or free gifts. I just love Etsy. I wish I could do all of my shopping in this kind of environment.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I've only bought a couple things from Etsy, but I love the concept of the site and enjoy selling on it. I love the personal touch as well.

emilysuze said...

Oh etsy...how do I love thee?

michelle said...

I love Etsy as well. And how much do I love the idea of allowing yourself a small purchase there every payday?Brilliant.

Sarah said...

I love presents for myself. It makes me feel loved. =)